The Kuma top can be worn unbuttoned as a light jacket or buttoned up as a top. Made from a light hand-woven and hand-dyed cotton, it is the epitome of fashion as art.
Featuring a box cut and hand-made tassels, this fun and colourful piece will have you forgetting all about the madness in the world. Comfy and fabulous - exactly what we need right now, no?!
There are only 4 of these pieces in Australia (special much?!).
* Scroll down for more images
- Made ethically in Pune, India
- Made from hand-woven and hand-dyed cotton, supporting artisan communities and techniques from around the country
- Sizing: S = AU 6-8, M= AU 10, L = AU 12, XL = 14
- Sizing is quite flexible. If between sizes we recommend sizing down in this piece.
- Cold gentle hand wash separately if needed
- Do not bleach or use harsh chemicals, soak, wring or rub
- Do not tumble dry – line dry in shade
- Cool iron under a pressing cloth if needed
More about Ka-Sha
Ka-Sha was founded in 2012 by Karishma Shahani Khan, celebrating multi-layered cultures and using design as a form of storytelling. Sustainability is at the heart of Ka-Sha. The embrace sustainability at all levels from design to sourcing, production and distribution. They use natural fibres and endeavor to be entirely zero waste, using the skills of their designers to recycle and upcycle fabric and scraps. They also focus on providing their makers – master craftsmen – with good conditions in which they can grow as individuals.
When we visited their studio in Pune (India) – which is both their shopfront (although most pieces are made to order) and sewing room, we saw rugs, scarves, and backpacks made from their fabric scraps. It is a beautiful thing to see!
Ka-Sha make all of our orders to order, which means no waste or excess is produced. In their studio in India they also make the majority of customer orders to order, meaning little waste and the perfect fit, and ensuring garments are worn and loved for years to come.