The Travelling Kimono
Endless Summer Maxi Skirt
This maxi skirt is perfect as a beach cover up or layered over tights for seasonal versatility. It features high side splits and shirring at the waist, and is made in a slightly sheer, vintage-inspired floral fabric.
Only 30 of these have been ethically handmade.
- Made in Vietnam by Men and her family
- Made from a viscose deadstock fabric
- This garment is One Size, fitting approximately sizes 6-12.
- Length approx. 97cm. Model is a size 8.
- Cold gentle hand wash separately
- Do not bleach or use harsh chemicals, soak, wring or rub
- Do not tumble dry – line dry in shade
- Warm iron inside out under a pressing cloth if needed
- Dry cleanable
More about The Travelling Kimono
The Travelling Kimono was born in 2013 out of a desire to create beautiful clothing in a way that both empowered women and was kind to the planet.
The owners, Nicki and Janelle, grew up in South Australia but now work and design all TTK pieces in Noosa, Queensland. They work closely with their seamstress Men, in Vietnam, and her small team, to produce very small runs of garments (no more than 30 pieces in each style) that are made entirely from deadstock (ends of rolls leftover from bigger factories). Men and her team are paid sustainable, living wages – a rarity in the fashion industry.
Sustainability is at the core of TTK. They use only fabric that would otherwise end up in landfill, and use up offcuts to create children’s clothing or scarves, minimising their fabric waste. As a business, they also only use recycled paper bags and bags made from their fabric scraps, and use compostable satchels for all postage.