The Travelling Kimono
These lightweight floral shorts are made from a soft ribbed viscose, ideal for warm summer wanderings. Made in their best-selling shape, these short shorts will be your go to for tropical escapes and hot Summer days.
Featuring an elastic waist, pockets (of course!) and a side-scoop hemline (longer at the back for extra booty coverage), they can be worn on the waist or hips. Pair them with a knotted tee or silk cami for the perfect Summer day outfit.
- Made in Vietnam by Men and her family
- Made from 100% ribbed viscose deadstock (ends of rolls, rescued before they were sent to landfill).
- Small – 6 - 8, Medium – 8 - 10, Large – 10 – 12
- Model is size 8 and wearing a size Small
- Cold gentle hand wash separately
- Do not bleach or use harsh chemicals, soak, wring or rub
- Do not tumble dry – line dry in shade
- Warm iron inside out under a pressing cloth if needed
- Dry cleanable
More about The Travelling Kimono
The Travelling Kimono was born in 2013 out of a desire to create beautiful clothing in a way that both empowered women and was kind to the planet.
The owners, Nicki and Janelle, grew up in South Australia but now work and design all TTK pieces in Noosa, Queensland. They work closely with their seamstress Men, and her small team in Vietnam to produce very small runs of garments (no more than 30 pieces in each style) that are made entirely from deadstock (ends of rolls leftover from bigger factories). Men and her team are paid sustainable, living wages – a rarity in the fashion industry.
Sustainability is at the core of TTK. They use only fabric that would otherwise end up in landfill, and use up offcuts to create children’s clothing or scarves, minimising their fabric waste. As a business, they also only use recycled paper bags and bags made from their fabric scraps, and post in compostable satchels.