The Travelling Kimono
Barbados Tie Top
This lightweight cropped tie top is perfect for so many occasions, from salsa dancing the night away to a girls night out. It features beautifully flared arms and can be worn in multiple ways: pair with high waisted denim and tie at the front on its own, layer over a tee, dress or bralette, or wrap and tie it at the back for a different look.
Made from a 100% viscose striped deadstock fabric (ends of rolls that weren't getting any love), it will take you through the seasons thanks to its versatility.
- Made in Vietnam by Men and her family
- Made from 100% viscose deadstock (ends of rolls)
- This garment is available in 3 sizes – Small, Medium and Large. Given it is loose in nature, sizing is flexible, but we suggest the S best suits around an Australian size 8, M best fits a size 10, and L around a size 12.
- Cold gentle hand wash separately
- Do not bleach or use harsh chemicals, soak, wring or rub
- Do not tumble dry – line dry in shade
- Warm iron inside out under a pressing cloth if needed
- Dry cleanable
More about The Travelling Kimono
The Travelling Kimono was born in 2013 out of a desire to create beautiful clothing in a way that both empowered women and was kind to the planet.
The owners, Nicki and Janelle, grew up in South Australia but now work and design all TTK pieces in Noosa, Queensland. They work closely with their seamstress Men, in Vietnam, and her small team, to produce very small runs of garments (no more than 30 pieces in each style) that are made entirely from deadstock (ends of rolls leftover from bigger factories). Men and her team are paid sustainable, living wages – a rarity in the fashion industry.
Sustainability is at the core of TTK. They use only fabric that would otherwise end up in landfill, and use up offcuts to create children’s clothing or scarves, minimising their fabric waste. As a business, they also only use recycled paper bags and bags made from their fabric scraps, and post in compostable satchels.